Thursday, January 12, 2006


OK...bad hair day..so what! (Thanks to Bev for the crazy picture)...I'm getting distracted. (Bad hair days tend to do that!).

MY BABY'S BIRTHDAY WISH?

OK I forgot where I was yesterday. I do remember mentioning my granddaugter's birthday wish. I asked her last night what it was. She politely declined to tell me. I let it go but I am going to ask her dad to tickle the answer out of her! i let you know if she ever tells.

Be careful what you laugh at. I was making wise cracks during one of the Princess Diary movies where the princess says, "Dear Diary..." and then tells all these emotions and details to a blank page...ha, ha, ha...

Well, it just dawned on me I am here doing the same thing! ha ha!

GRANDMA, PAPA HAS A SNAKE IN HIS BOOTS!

Having grandchildren broadened grandma and my taste in movies. I remember one time with the grandchildren when all of us including the grownups were going to take a nap in the living room. Sue put on "Toy Story" so the kids would fall asleep fast.

It worked! The kids flaked out in the first few minutes but here was Papa John glued to the set. I couldn't believe how riveting this little "Cartoon Story" could be! I was sleepy but I couldn't let go... I just had to see how it all came out for "Woody" and the gang. I loved it! Still do! "There's a snake in my boots".Ha ha.

Speaking of movies... I am really excited about the new movie "End of the Spear". The station has reserved an opening night screening and is giving away the tickets on air.

The movie is based on the true story of Jim Elliot, Nate Saint, and some other misionaries who were martyred trying to reach the Alca Indians of Ecaudor with the Gospel. If you have read the book, "Through Gates of Splendour", you know the story the movie is based on.

A MOVIE CHANGED MY LIFE

I remember seeing another movie about Jim Elliot in the 1970's and was deeply touched. I can honestly say that movie and a movie about a murdered missionary name Paul Carlson( I think that was the name) were two strong influences on me when the Lord was dealing with me about serving Him in another country.

I ended up in Vieques, Puerto Rico at a Missionary Radio Station in October, 74. It was interesting how the Lord got me there. I think I'll save that story for another time. Remember, faithful is the One who called you...He will see it through.

No comments: