Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"SHOW and TELL"... i smell marshmallows burning!

Yesterday I was telling our intern NOLAN about the history of recording tape. NOLAN, being an MP3 type of guy was really moved when I told him about the first "tape" recording was actually on a "wire"...yes, wire recorders for real!

"NO WAY".

"Yes way!"

OK. NOLAN, I'll bring one in and show (and tell) ya!

When NOLAN saw it...

NOLAN WAS obviously WOWED!

Love at first sight..."THE IPOD MAXI"!

"BUT WILL IT REALLY WORK?"


"OH, I dunno NOLAN, this baby is old and may go up in smoke if we plug it in. I had already told him the wire may contain some famous voice like President Roosevelt or batman or somebody... so the pressure was on to check it out. But if it burns the fun is definitely over for good!

OK. NOLAN but don't let WALLY see you getting the fire extinguiser off the wall.

AND NOLAN...
you da man to plug it in!

Oneeeeeeeeeee............... twooooooooooooooo.............
threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......
plug it in!

"HOUSTON we have a motor running".
But no sound
and what's that smell of burnt marshmallows...
NOLAN!
N-O-L-A-N PULL THE PLUG
FAST!!!!!!
PHEW...
that was a close call...

"SHOW AND TELL" OVER and out...
10-4 good buddy!
"Have a Nice Day"

(Nolan..Wally smelled the marshmallows..I think we're busted)

1 comment:

Tami said...

Sorry John, the iPod Maxi means a whole different thing to me...and that's not something I want to think too much about.

Nolan and I thank you for the lesson in the history of audio recording. I didn't know we were having show and tell at the station now! Hmmmmm....what can I bring in?