Friday, May 18, 2007

baby delivered... update


Right now Baby has a new home...

yesterday a nice lady named Hannah agreed to meet me on the way home

and take and care for Baby...

BUT...

There's a lot more to the story since yesterday's entry at 6:45pm...

Today I reviewed the Station Security Video to help me with my time line...

At 7:01 pm the camera revealed a neighorhood cat was sizing up Baby but fortunately something scared him off...

I had already talked to Hannah on the phone... she was nursing two other similar birds and has the correct formula to feed them... I was to meet her in Rural Hall at about 7:40 or so to pick up Baby...


The only problem....Baby had "jumped ship" again (she can flutter but not fly) and was no where to be found. I couldn't call Hannah to tell her I couldn't find Baby because she didn't have a cell phone with her. I panicked since I have never met Hannah and didn't want her to come and go not knowing what was going on... so I called my wife and asked her to go meet Hannah and explain what was happening!

To complicate matters Cordova Lawn had come to do the weekely lawn work... I told them to be careful as Baby was loose and no where to be found...

I was getting depressed but was praying for the Lord to help me find her or whatever He wanted...

So I was very happy when the mower stopped

and the operator pointed up to the back of the station..


I RAN up to the spot and put Baby in a box and quickly ran back to the truck...



So by about 8 o'clock (Thursday) I met Hannah and Judy and handed over Baby to Hannah's care... By then I was an emotional wreck... by now this little hitch hiker bird had become a part of my life and I had become emotionally attached... hopefully there will be be goodnews ahead!

Stay Tuned.

No comments: