Wednesday, May 02, 2007

William Hung Up in North Carolina

Well... i have to admit I like to watch American Idol...
the only thing is I don't care for the word "Idol"...
for two reasons.

One. The expression "Idol" as in "Teen Idol " is left over from the "50's so let's get hip and call it something else... this is 2007!

Two. The real reason I don't care for the word "Idol"... used literally it is something worshipped other than the true God. .. And no one on the show is that good!

Anyway, call it something else but the concept of this show just grabs my attention. And when I started following some of the Christians on the show, I became a regular (when possible)... which brings me to my story...

Last night Phil did fine but I have always felt like he needed a little extra push so he's one of the few I've actually taken the time to call in and vote for....

I put the number in my last number dialed on my cellphone. When the time came, I began rapid fire voting... call, hang-up when you hear the voice and then redial... and so on. I keep the phone in hand ... you can hear enough from the earpiece to know you got through.

I noticed it was a different voice on the other end... I thought "How nice...they got a ladies voice now"...

After about 50 sucessful calls (votes) I gave up for the evening and watched the news...



I didn't realize Judy had called mema last night on my phone to tell her American Idol was on...

So it was a little funny today when Judy talked with her mother...

Mema: "Judy I am so worn out from last night... I went to bed after watching American Idol and this person kept calling me over-and-over and hanging up... It about drove me crazy!"

O-O-p-s!

Maybe now we know a little how William Hung felt when he found out he wasn't going to Hollywood... good intentions aren't quite good enough!

L-O-L!

(This really could happen... so be careful when you dial..LOL)

PS... That's a cellphone in Mema's Hand... she's been known to do a little fancy dialing herself on occasion!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That seriously made me laugh out loud! Poor Mema!