Sunday, July 30, 2006

Life comes at you fast! My weekend: headline form..incomplete sentences, incomplete thoughts, and all! (it started Thursday night since I took Friday off and it's still going on)... Wild!

YES...I WEIGHED 140 WHEN I GOT MARRIED

Thursday night...showed grandkids the video of papa and grandma's wedding...main observation, "papa you were so skinny then and you had dark brown hair"..."grandma, you still the look the same as you do now".

Then showed them the video of them when Hannah was 3, Josh 2 and Audrie had just been born...they were playing, laughing, crying and fighting all at the same time...my observation, "you guys haven't changed a bit either".

PAPA BUELLER'S DAY OFF...begins...

Friday...kissed grandma and kids goodby. They headed for the neighbors pool... I headed for Asheville for a next day ham radio event...A buddy was driving separately and was to catch up with me on I40 since I knew the way.

the now famous WEEKEND BEGINS...

Ten miles out...a call from Tami from the radio station..."go back home imediately...you have locked Judy and the kids out of the house". Went back, opened up the house, kissed wife again and ran. Called buddy and told him to drive slow and I'd catch up with him.

OK...PLAY CATCH UP...

Gased it good trying to catch my friend who was 12 miles ahead of me. Overdid it...I passed him in Hickory and didn't even know it. He then spend the next 20 miles trying to catch me. Finally got it all together by Ashville and made it ok up to Waynesville...ok...not bad so far..

But...THERE"S MORE...

No comments: